Tuesday, May 10, 2011

You are over-encumbered

I've been feeling very subdued and slow. The major upcoming surgery, my awful flu of last week, and my busted foot have made things more challenging. I'm not depressed, just thoughtful and physically exhausted. I'm definitely being less social than I should be.

The other night a friend came over and we sampled some gourmet lollipops for the wedding while putting together the invitations that she'd designed. Even though I was tired, there was a lot of joking and eating and fun, and the invitations are amazing.

I've been playing a lot of The Elder Scrolls iv: Oblivion. This is a video game in which I am a powerful but tiny lady with an enormous club that shoots fire. Enough said.

I'm trying to be patient with myself. I'm hugging my fiance and breathing.