Friday, May 13, 2011

Home again, jiggety-jig

Blogger was having severe issues over the past day, deleting posts and forbidding updates. This is probably a good thing, because I spent most of my time in the hospital seriously, deeply stoned.

It would have been a nice sleep if someone hadn't come by every couple of hours to take my temperature, check my bandages, give me some painful shot or exam, or (most hopelessly) try to give me some instructions. But boy, did I ever get nice hospital care otherwise. Here were the perks:
  • I had a private room, which was a good thing because all of us folks on that floor were pretty sick.
  • They let my fiance stay over. I had been dreading spending the night alone, but they let me have someone to hold my hand and tell me I'm hardcore.
  • The food was amazing. On my first night I ordered some delicious soup, a salmon dinner and chicken with gravy and fruit. Munchies, maybe?
  • The nurses came right away when I needed something, and they really advocated for my care.
But it's so good to be home. My mom is here, and the bulleted list for that would stretch off the page.