Anyway, here's what is up with me lately:
- Zometa was indescribably bad. I spent a few days barely able to move. I'm still waking up with back pain. Low side effect drug my butt.
- I'm seeing a physiotherapist for post-surgery care of my arms. The bad news is that my right arm isn't healing quickly enough. A probable culprit is the slow drainage of fluid from my elbow, because I have, y'know, zero lymph nodes in my armpit.
- This is frustrating. I'm not allowed to draw, and my left arm is having trouble picking up the slack. I miss my online friends (irc holla). I'm still not working and I'm having a hard time with this.
- Good news: I got my silicone external breast prosthesis, finally. And six gorgeous mastectomy bras to tuck it into, all courtesy my insurance. My f'boob (Hester) is comfortable. My clothes fit better, too.
- I went to three (!) social events on the weekend. I survived, I didn't pass out, and I was only a little tired. Man, do I know some good people.
- I'm feeling discouraged sometimes, but I'm also getting better at hauling myself out of discouraged moments. I go for walks, drink hot drinks, and relax more than I used to. I would pat myself on the back if I were allowed to bend my arms more than 90 degrees.