Tuesday, January 17, 2012

My wings are purely vestigial

I'm typing this post slowly. I'm seeing a physiotherapist for post-surgery care, and she doesn't want me using my right arm AT ALL for a while -- and my left, just sparingly while we strengthen it up.

My Zometa infusion went fine. Hard to be in that infusion chair again, though.

I spent the weekend at a gigantic puzzle contest. It was so much fun. Good people, good puzzles. It seems that Lupron hasn't mucked with my cognition very much. Relieved!

I'm going mildly insane trying to think of things to do that don't involve my arms at all (no drawing, lifting things, video games, or semaphore). The longer I go without a job or a task to occupy my days, the harder it becomes (1.4 years and counting.... argh). I'm ready for this to be over; ready to get things done.

Let me know if you can think of something I could do, or if you're casting a video podcast about science, or want, say, a sexy model who always keeps her arms relaxed and straight for sexy and mysterious reasons.

Thanks for being patient while I don't answer emails. And thanks for writing anyway.