Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tightrope

I've been feeling physically good, so yesterday I went for a long walk. I popped into a hospital to use the bathroom -- hospitals have free bathrooms, and it's safe so long as you use a lot of hand sanitizer. I walked through the imposing, chilly halls, and suddenly I realized that I wanted to stay there. The hospital is where things make sense.

Outside, I don't know what to do. I can plan for 50 years or much fewer. Should I be planning for somewhere in between? That doesn't make sense. There are things I've been considering that don't apply any more, like getting a PhD right now or working a ton of hours to save money for later. It's going to take some adjustment.




It was a gorgeous sunny day. I walked familiar roads, revelled in feeling pain-free and healthy, and ate some great food. I decided to pick up that mental rubik's cube later.