Thursday, November 24, 2011

Mixed salad

Some things that have happened in the last couple of days:

  • I found that I'm not qualified for a clinical trial because my cancer was too severe when diagnosed. No new information, but it was still difficult to hear.
  • I got my second Lupron shot, and now have an enormous butt bruise.
  • I flew to visit my husband's family for thanksgiving. I ate turkey and chocolate pecan pie, joked around with my new brothers, toasted my new mom-in-law and was toasted as the best (if only) daughter-in-law in the family.
I have a difficult time describing these days, which are pretty much my worst (potential death) and my best (warmth, love and family). The best way I can describe them is 'salad'.

It's like I'm forced to eat this very big salad, every single piece of it. There are a lot of wonderful bits of blue cheese and pear and olive and walnut in my salad, but every now and then I find an incredibly wilty piece of radicchio, or a slug.